The single serve coffee makers are in huge demand worldwide due to the fact that they are very handy and can be used hassle-free. Single cup coffee makers are best for homes and small offices and have completely changed the scenario how we make coffee at home or in office. These easy to use machines do not have many complicated functions and allow you to get delicious taste coffees just at the touch of a button.
If you are looking forward to buying a new appliance for your kitchen or personal use during this holiday season, money invested in single cup coffee maker will be justifiable. These small but quite useful simple gadgets will make your life comfortable. These machines do not cost much as compared to the result they provide.
A single cup coffee maker is an ideal choice for all those people who want to avoid going to busy baristas and love to enjoy a cup of brewed coffee at home rather.
Single serve coffee makers or Single cup coffee maker as you may like to call them do not occupy much space in your kitchen. All you need to get the barista quality coffee at home is a small quantity of water with some coffee and sugar. You may add some chocolate powder to make it tastier.
Benefits of Single Cup Coffeemaker
- It allows you to brew coffee matching your preferred tase any time.
- It takes less than a minute to prepare a full cup of coffee.
- Single cup coffee makers are easy to clean and maintain as you would not be cleaning only a small coffee cup and not the whole coffee Pot after using the machine every time. Moreover, You can also clean the machine easily after every use just following step by step instruction guide provided by the manufacturer along with your machine.
- In case you are living alone and most of the time feeding your self only. You will end up making more coffee every time if you have a regular coffee maker. Controlling the taste would be a problem along with the waste generate every time you use your coffee machine.
- Don’t worry if you owe a single cup of coffee makers and are expecting your friends. If you feel your single cup coffee maker would only be able to serve you, then you are totally wrong. The fact is altogether different, though the machines have the capacity of serving single cup, these great machines allow you to prepare different kinds of beverages in very small time and you can offer coffees, teas, hot chocolates or lattes at the same time as per individuals choice rather than offering them the same beverage.
Points to be kept in mind while choosing Single cup Coffeemaker
Now you have decided to buy a single cup coffee maker but with a variety of single serve coffee makers available in the market choosing the right one for you may still be confusing. The tips given hereunder will help you make the perfect buying decision.
1. How much would you like to spend- Cost is an important factor
A wide range of single-cup brewers are available in the market and range goes from affordable to very expensive. For example, [easyazon_link identifier=”B009UUKA5G” locale=”IN” tag=”skd04-20″]Russell Hobbs RCM1 330-Watt One Cup Coffee Maker[/easyazon_link]is priced very reasonably whereas [easyazon_link identifier=”B018UQ5VEK” locale=”IN” tag=”skd04-20″]Keurig K575 Single Serve Programmable K-Cup Coffee[/easyazon_link] Maker is on the expensive side. Just keep in mind that you are looking for brewing solution mainly for your need and hence you must spend as your pocket allow. All these machines would serve the minimum purpose of brewing a single cup of coffee for you.
2. Brewing time and Cup Size:
All most all the single cup machines available in the market take 60 to 90 seconds of brewing time. These are available in different sizes 125 ml to 210 ml or more. So You need to choose the size as per your need. You can choose how much coffee you want for every serving.
3. Electricity Consumption
This is the most important factor you must consider while choosing your brewing machine. There are machines available with power rating 330 watts consuming less electricity and while other may be up to 650 or 700 watts rating. If the time consumed in making the coffee is equal i.e 1 minute, the machine at 700 watts will consume more than double on electricity bills
Cons of Single Cup Coffeemaker
- Can prepare only one cup of coffee in a single use.
- In some of the single cup coffee machines, you get only lukewarm water and not enough Hot.
- Some machine is very noisy.
- Since there are easy to use machines, you may not find many controlling options but you will be able to use it as per your convenience with some practice.
Nescafe e smart coffee maker is my favorite single cup coffee maker. Therefore I have reviewed it separately.
5 Best Single Cup Coffee Makers
Here now I am reviewing the 5 best single coffee makers for you ranging from very economical to very expensive so you can choose the best as per your budget.
Russell Hobbs RCM1 330-Watt One Cup Coffee Maker:
[easyazon_infoblock align=”none” identifier=”B009UUKA5G” locale=”IN” tag=”skd04-20″]
This reasonable priced single cup coffee maker consumes 330 watts and occupies very less space. This machine is appropriate for people living alone as they have a small place to accommodate appliances in their home. Russell Hobbs coffee maker is portable and can easily be carried on vacations while traveling by train or car.
- Colour: Black
- Power Consumption: 330W
- Voltage Range: 220-240V
- With ceramic cup
- Pull out filter holder
- Comes with Permanent filter
- Capacity: 125 ml or 0.125L
2. Kitchen Selectives CM-688 1-Cup Single Serve Drip Coffee Maker, Black
[easyazon_infoblock align=”none” identifier=”B0041GNZSS” locale=”IN” tag=”smartkitchendevices-21″],
- Single Serve
- 12 oz. Mug Included
- Removable Drip Tray
- Illuminated Power Light
- Convenient Hinged Lid
3. Nescafé É Smart Coffee Maker and Travel Mug (Highly Recommended)
[easyazon_infoblock align=”none” identifier=”B07H3LQP5K” locale=”IN” tag=”skd04-20″]
É by NESCAFÉ is the next generation in coffee machines. This coffeemaker may revolutionize the daily coffee drinking experience. This smart coffee maker is very light and compact coffee machine in the shape of a mug. You can connect it withNESCAFÉ É Connected Mug app, for ease of controlling it to make a wide range of high-quality coffee be it frothy, hot cappuccino, a cool creamy iced coffee or an espresso with an exotic twist, every time.
- Smart, app-enabled coffee maker.
- Paire via Bluetooth with NESCAFÉ É Connected Mug App
- Enjoy a wide variety of indulgent coffee recipes like frothy, hot cappuccino, a cool creamy iced coffee or an espresso at the touch of a button
- É can prepare great tasting coffee quickly in 60 to 90 secs.
- É single cup Coffee maker is very silent in use.
- Comes with 100% leak & spill proof trendy mug so that you can enjoy coffee on the go.
- Thermal insulation keeps your drink warm or cold.
- Warranty: 1-year warranty by the manufacturer from date of purchase
4. Gourmia GC-150 JavaMaster 2-in-1 K-Cup and Ground Coffee Single Serve Coffee Maker with Hydroforce Extraction System and Adjustable Dispenser
[easyazon_infoblock align=”none” identifier=”B017HX1AEC” locale=”IN” tag=”skd04-20″]
The Gourmia JavaMaster 2-In-1 Single Serve and Ground Coffee Machine allows the flexibility of serving either brewing with a single serve pack or freshly grounded coffee. This innovative machine has a simple one-touch brewing operation. You just need to add water and your favorite coffee, place a mug or under the drip and press the ON button to begin brewing.
Many coffee lovers enjoy pouring freshly ground coffee into their coffeemaker to start their day while other loves to quickly insert a single-serve pack into their coffeemaker and enjoy a piping hot cup in a few minutes.
- Slim Design
- Large 40 Oz water reservoir with water level indicator.
- Ensures Rich coffee from K-Cups and your blends
- Adjustable Drip Tray – for standard-size cups or travel mugs.
- Safety-Plus Technology to prevent overheating.
5. Keurig K575 Single Serve Programmable K-Cup Coffee Maker
[easyazon_infoblock align=”none” identifier=”B018UQ5VEK” locale=”IN” tag=”skd04-20″]
The Keurig K575 Programmable single serve Coffee Brewer combines many brew size options in the mix which include strength and temperature control, hot water on demand, and customizable settings.
Keurig K575 programmable brewer has separate settings for various beverages like coffee, cocoa, chai, and mochas.
You can select the options on the large colored touch screen after inserting the Keurig Pod. Its interactive technology automatically recognizes the inserted pod and accordingly optimizes to the recommended, customized setting for that beverage.
- Comes with 6 K-Cup pods, a water filter handle, and two filters to help your beverages taste their best
- A large 80oz water reservoir allows you to brew 10+ cups more before having to refill the water,
- Various brewing size options i.e. 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 oz.
- Strength Control: A strength control setting allows you to brew a bolder cup
- Five temperature settings for the desired temperature
- Hot Water on Demand: Press the hot water on demand button and select your desired brew size in order to dispense hot water.
- An extra-large color touchscreen with a digital clock to program your brewer to turn on or off automatically at set times.